Problems with progam

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • im doing a direct x game with construct and im coding logically, but for some reason construct hates me

im making a platform based game, and when i try to get the screen to scroll with my platform character it... doesnt

i have a event that says Always (every tick) : System: Scroll to X Player.X

player being my platformed sprite

also im trying to get it so that the player only shoots 1 bullet every quarter second, but i cant figure out how to do it

i tryed making a private variable on player, and when V is down and the variables Count is 0 it fires a bullet

and set the value of count to 0.25

and then i have another event where if count i equal to or greater then 0.25 it subtracts 1*timedelta from the varialbe count.

• 1:There's a check box in preferences that says center view on me.

2:Try the condition "Every x ticks" set to 250ms, than add your mouse & keyboard condition V is down by right clicking and choosing add new condition.

Have you tried the Ghost shooter, or Platform school tut's yet?

• 1:There's a check box in preferences that says center view on me.

2:Try the condition "Every x ticks" set to 250ms, than add your mouse & keyboard condition V is down by right clicking and choosing add new condition.

Have you tried the Ghost shooter, or Platform school tut's yet?

yea, i used the platform tut for this, and i couldnt get his scroll to x event to work

thanx for the tips thoug

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Another question, when it shoots, it plays the shoot animation for only a split second, how do i get it to play the anim for longer after the shot is fired?

• If it's a separate animation you could probably just change the length of the cycle in the animator preferences.

• I won't bother moving this, but in future can you please post questions in the proper section. You will get a faster reply and probably help from several people on the topic.

You can find the proper Help section here:

~Sol

• Not sure how I missed this one, I've moved it in to help & tech support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)