Possible bug?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Hello I have been using GameMaker for about 4 years and I've heard alot about Construct so I decided to give it a try. Now my problem is when I create a sprite, I close out of the sprite editor, the sprite is invisible, however I can still rotate and edit it. I have looked at the tutorials and I am following them by the books. It's just when I close out of the editor the sprite vanishes.

This is my laptops specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn T9600 (2.8GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6Mb L2)

4Gb 1066MHz RAM

Dual Nvidia Geforce GTX 280M's (2Gb VRAM)

and a Nvidia Geforce 9400M in Hybrid SLI (256Mb VRAM)

Screen resolution is at 1920x1200 59Hz

Windows 7 Home Premium

Alienware M17x R1

• the sprite is still created there, only the image it holds is completely transparent.

Click on the object bar entry that was created to select the sprite. You can delete it from there.

Double-click on the object bar to reopen it so you can edit its image.

• The sprite is not visible in runtime either. But when I run the examples they run fine until I edit a sprite then the sprite just dissapears.

-Lucky

• I am running a single Geforce GTX graphic card so that is not a problem

But do you have the newest drivers? What about the newest Dirext X driver?

• 195.62 is my driver version.

• When you installed Construct, did you also install the DirectX that came with it, or did you skip it?

Even if you think you have the latest version, you should not skip it. There are optional DX files in that install that Construct needs.

• I believe I did install I did. I'm going to reinstall Construct though, see if that fixes anything.

-Lucky

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • do you actually put anything in the sprite?

• Okay, I just reinstalled it, but the problem still exists. Yes I am doing everything like the tutorial says. Is Construct compatible with laptop GPU's?

-Lucky

• When you close the image editor, does a window popup asking if you want to save changes? did you hit "yes" ?

• Yeah, I hit yes.

• Then the only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of system or hardware issue. I don't know what it might be though. I'm sorry

• Try importing from the animator.

Then the only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of system or hardware issue. I don't know what it might be though. I'm sorry

Or that its underneath something else.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)