Physics object "bounce"

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm a little hesitant to post a new topic, 'cause my problem seems simple enough that I'm surprised I haven't found a solution in the forums. It doesn't seem to be here yet though, so:

My game involves a hammer being thrown around by the player, which works fine using the physics behaviour and some "add force" events, but my problem is that the hammer passes straight through solid objects.

The only solution I can think of is to destroy the hammer on impact and replace it with a static sprite, but what I really want is for the hammer to bounce around a little before coming to rest, which I can't figure out how to do with the physics behaviour.

Any help / suggestions would be great.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Physics objects only see physics objects. you'll have to make everything immovable (physics) for it to react to them. Or fake it with events.

• I've tried adding the physics behaviour to all the other solid objects, but that makes the player slide slowly to the left for reasons I don't hope to understand.

I've heard (read) mention of people faking platform behaviour with physics and events, would that be doable/easier than faking the bouncing itself?

• I've tried adding the physics behaviour to all the other solid objects, but that makes the player slide slowly to the left for reasons I don't hope to understand.

I've heard (read) mention of people faking platform behaviour with physics and events, would that be doable/easier than faking the bouncing itself?

I've heard a few times that physics for platform games (while possible) isn't recommended. Faking the bounce would probably, ultimately, be less hassle.

• Alright, I'll try that. Thanks .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)