Path Movement

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • Hey , I am a new user of construct after leaving MMF2 and got 2 questions :

1) Is it possible to create a Path Movement for a Sprite similar to MMF2?

2) I just love to create a game like LocoRoco however there is a limitation which is Soft Body physics , Is this possible in Construct?

Thanks

• Funnily enough both these questions have already been asked, by me! Do a search.

Pathfinding: Apparently Ashley is going to add the ability to get info on the cell squares used by the pathfinding engine, so it should make grid movements possible.

Softbody physics: Requires polygons and being able to manipulate vertex points at runtime. This may happen, but only in the future after version 1 is released.

• There isn't a path object on the to do list, perhaps you could recommend one.

As for blob physics, I tried making one with hinges and points but it's not currently something that Construct can do easily. So oddly enough Ashley has said that he's going to see about implementing a "create blob" action.

• If i get you right you aren't asking for "pathfinding" aka, finding the best way from one point to another with a bunch of obstackles in the way. You're talking about the "path-movement" aka, making an object follow a specific path. I can't answer your question, but i can clearify for those who can.. or fail miserabely in my attempts to look smart.

• Yes this is what I truly meant to make a object follow a specific path which I draw , Its avaliable in the MMF movements .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There isn't any path movement in Construct yet - added to todo list.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)