Organizing events, and multiple levels?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Is there a good way to organize events on the event sheet editor?

And how do I make multiple levels in a game?

• [quote:2dovbso0]Is there a good way to organize events on the event sheet editor?

Make groups. Right click, insert group.

[quote:2dovbso0]And how do I make multiple levels in a game?

There are multiple ways. Making different layouts, or creating the level from a data/text file are the two most common ones.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I found the making groups you talked about, but can I move previously created events into the group? Or would I have to make a new copy inside the group?

And does the platform tutorial tell how to transition and make new levels? (I'm almost done with the Ghost Shooter tutorial at the moment)

• If you use the diffrent layout methods it is a system action called Go to layout. If you make a level editor/saver/loader, the you would have to program in what to load when.

• I found the making groups you talked about, but can I move previously created events into the group?

Just select the events you want (using the 'margin' to the left of the event), and drag them in. To add a new layout, right click the application in the project bar, and click Add Layout. You can use system actions to move between layouts, and that acts as levels. You can also use separate event sheets to organise your events, and include them in other event sheets, allowing a write-once, use-anywhere solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)