Odd popping noises in sound

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Sound effects of monsters, ghosts, beasts and more
  • I'm new to Construct. It seems like a great program, although I'm worried about the possible complexity or impossibility of creating non-linear games with it, but that is a topic for another discussion.

Currently I'm working on a little project meant to teach me how to use Construct. So far, with a few exceptions, everything has gone smoothly. However, there is an anomaly with my sounds. I'm using 8-bit sounds made with SFXR. They play fine, until after one specific sound plays. After that sound plays, the next sound that plays is preceded immediately by a loud "pop" noise.

I can't imagine it being a problem with the WAV itself. The only time it causes that "pop" noise is when Construct plays it through XAudio2.

• Do yourself a favor and get a copy of Audacity. Chances are there's an artifact that you didn't hear in SFXR, but you can see it in Audacity, as well as edit it out.

There's also the possibility that the format is wrong, you can change that too:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe because one sound overlapping itself? You know, you trigger a sound with certain action, sound playing, and action trigged it again?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)