need help with custom movement(partly solved)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • um...I'm at a total loss with this step thing...

I really don't get it at all

am I correct in believing it should be simple to implement something like platform movement, but using only custom movement?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/howyoudodis.cap

if this is a ridiculous request, let me know, but

can someone remake this cap using custom movement so that will behave exactly as platform movement does?

the speeds and acceleration need not be the same, just the basic way it reacts to input, gravity, and collision

I really don't get the stepping thing at all, half the time I try and do something it just freezes movement altogether before it hits anything.

and when it didn't, I could get gravity and horizontal acceleration working, but on collision with the ground it kept jittering into the ground

EDIT:

ok this works:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/howyoudodis2.cap

still don't understand the stepping thing

and if someone knows how this could work just the same without the detector sprite, please let me know

• I'm confused by how Custom Movement works in Construct. I've only used very basic movement with Construct as a result. But I wonder if there is a way to do Custom movement where you can have one sprite move based on what another sprite does? Like:

Sprite 1 moves left 100 pixels causing Sprite 2 to move left 85 pixels.

I wonder if it can be done with characters you're not controlling? Hmmmm.

• um

so, anyone know how to work that custom movement thing?

• Never tried custom movement mate... :/

Maybe later tonight in chat we can try to work it out... I can summon davo using the konami code, or my phone. I bet he knows how it works.

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You forgot a key event; custom movement doesn't use event checkable stepping loops unless you add this.

+ System: Start of layout (or whenever the sprite is created)

-> Sprite: Set moving style to Linear with 1 Pixels per step

edit: just tried it in your cap and it appears to lag with 1 pixel per step. I set it to 3 and it works fine.

[quote:pvw7v5rz]and if someone knows how this could work just the same without the detector sprite, please let me know

What does the detector have to do with stepping? stepping just makes it so that you can check for fast moving collisions without skipping through objects. Or was that just an additional question?

• I think he was using it for the "push out" on solids.

Also, I'm not even sure you need to do stepping for something like this.

I'd be willing to bet Davo could do a platform movement with one condition using control states.

• [quote:1474t2ta]and if someone knows how this could work just the same without the detector sprite, please let me know

What does the detector have to do with stepping? stepping just makes it so that you can check for fast moving collisions without skipping through objects. Or was that just an additional question?

I think he was using it for the "push out" on solids.

Also, I'm not even sure you need to do stepping for something like this.

I'd be willing to bet Davo could do a platform movement with one condition using control states.

yeah, I know Davo could

and you're right it's so it will hit the wall from the sides, and stay on top of the ground moving at the normal speed

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)