Music and resources

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • Doing the following:

Load Resource: Music.mp3 onto channel 1

play channel 1

makes no music play, however, using the autoplay resource feature, it works. What gives?

• From the Wiki:

[quote:2889l4ox]Supported channel file formats

• WAV files with the following formats:
      • PCM
      • ADPCM
      • xWMA
    • OGG files.

MP3 doesn't play in a channel. It plays as music. Use "Play music from resource."

• Thanks for the quick reply!

I replaced my .mp3 with an .ogg, yet the same problem occours

Any help?

• I don't know. If you're playing an .ogg on a channel it should work, so... bug report?

But maybe you should post your .cap and .ogg file first so someone can take a look, though.

• Here is my application.

Any help on what I am doing wrong is appriciated

• "Sorry, we're upgrading." Is all we get from your link.

• "Sorry, we're upgrading." Is all we get from your link.

Sorry, that has been fixed

• You are using the Application runtime, you should be using DirectX9 runtime for game and such, probably audio too... I'm not sure what you want to come up with. Most plugins are made for DirectX9 runtime. But I don't think this is related to your problem.

The problem is that "Load from resource" and "autoplay from resource" only works for .wav files. You can play your .ogg as music, but if you want sound effects, convert them to .wav first.

• You are using the Application runtime, you should be using DirectX9 runtime for game and such, probably audio too... I'm not sure what you want to come up with. Most plugins are made for DirectX9 runtime. But I don't think this is related to your problem.

I use the DirectX9 runtime, however, I tried to keep this application 'clean' so I chose the Application runtime. Same error, though.

• I just edited my earlier post, I'll repeat it though... "Load" and "Autoplay from resource" only work for .wav files, so if you want to use sound effects, you want to convert ogg to wav.

Playing ogg as music works fine, though.

• I just edited my earlier post, I'll repeat it though... "Load" and "Autoplay from resource" only work for .wav files, so if you want to use sound effects, you want to convert ogg to wav.

Playing ogg as music works fine, though.

then why does it say that oggs are a supported channel file format?

• > I just edited my earlier post, I'll repeat it though... "Load" and "Autoplay from resource" only work for .wav files, so if you want to use sound effects, you want to convert ogg to wav.

>

> Playing ogg as music works fine, though.

>

then why does it say that oggs are a supported channel file format?

Beats me. Sorry about that, it looks like the wiki needs updating, maybe?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Having ogg support would seem appropriate, though. If I need multiple music for effects such as ambience, then its impossible without lowering the quality so much that it hurts the years ( either that, or have each music file be 30mb... )

• That's Ashley's domain, I believe.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)