mouse coordinates discrepancy?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Sorry if this is a known problem/feature/beaten topic, but I couldn't find anything about it in the wiki or the forums.

There seem to be some discrepancy between the mouse coordinates returned by system->get mouse X and the mouse cordinates used by then mouse/keyboard object.

The system event seems to be using the game window coordinates (0=left of game window) while the mouse/keyboard object seems to be using the whole screen coordinates (0=left of screen).

I think this is a good way of generating confusion, and why isn't there a setMouse X/y action in the system object in the first place, if there is a get mouse x/y?

If you can read the mouse position you should be also able to write it from the same object IMO.

• It's deliberate, both are necessary. You want MouseX/MouseY for all the game stuff, and you need the screen coordinates for windowing code. What do you think we could rename them to to make this clearer?

• I think maybe ScreenMouseX/Y would be more appropriate.

It'd break existing caps with it though, would it not? (If the expression name is actually changed.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just noticed that I could get access to absmouseXY. That solves my problem

But I second the renaming, possibly to screenmouseX.

I hope it can be done without breaking older caps.

• displaymouseXY? Because display refers to the game window.

• Why not SystemMouse and GameMouse.

They can't be interpreted any other way with those names.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)