Making a fighter, need some help

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm trying to make a fighting game with character select and stage select and up to 4 players that plays like Super Smash Bros. I can make the fighters and stages easily, but how do I make the select screens? How do I make it so where it keeps what fighters are fighting and spawn them on the stage you choose? I could make the stages a clickable button and it goes to that frame but how do I make the fighters? Also, how could I make the higher % = less weight thing like in SSB/SSBM/SSBB? I can figure the rest out, it's just that this is some tough stuff to do.

• use global variables to store the selection choice of the fighters

I'm not sure what you mean about the higher%=less weight thing

• for weight if you're using the platform behavior you'd have to check under platform actions.

There you can change gravity acceleration.

EDIT:

forgot a detail. Objects fall at the same speed no matter their weights.

So yeah. Highly unrealistic but there you go, videogame world. That's why you change gravity instead of mass properties.

• Objects fall at the same speed no matter their weights.

So yeah. Highly unrealistic but there you go, videogame world. That's why you change gravity instead of mass properties.

aybe his game takes place on The Moon? If you stand on The Moon, and drop a hammer and a feather at the same time from the same height, they will hit the ground simultaneously.

/smartass

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yeah, it's not unrealistic for objects to fall at the same speed

the only thing that makes certain light things fall faster is air resistance

physics doesn't account for air resistance, but you could code it with events if you wanted to, by adding upward force for times when there should be air resistance

in this example a constant resistance to falling is applied,

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1013446/airresistance.cap

but if you wanted you could design a more complex model that takes angle into account, and external forces, like wind puffing out from dropped objects. And of course, code for the angle as well

it's just a matter of working it all out,

but point is, smaller things falling at the same speed is correct since physics doesn't have a parameter for air resistance or the presence of air for that matter

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)