Layout Loading Problem?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • I have this game which I am making, and the problem is that when I set the player to collide with the Exit level object, and I make it load the next layout, it always crashes. Any solutions

This is the link to the CAP file: http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=524173&file=Top+Down+Shooter.zip

Oh yeah, and the controls are WASD to move, and Left Click to shoot, and E for machine gun, and Q for pistol.

• i think there are two causes. first thing is that you do not have the exit level object. second thing is that you have only one layout. so. if you tell construct, that on player collision with nonexistent object it should go to the nonexistent layout, it simply crashes. i think the solution is simple: make a second layout, make an exit object and THEN add new condition about the player colliding with exit object and goink to the next layout.

cheers.

• Oh, sorry. That was the non updated one. Let me repost it.

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... e=game.cap

Yeah, and this one has the other layouts as well as the exit boundary. It was what crashed before. Still does...

• This looks like a tricky bug. Could you post it to the tracker?

• This looks like a tricky bug. Could you post it to the tracker?

So you are saying I can't do anything about it right now? Oh well. Thanks though!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well when I run it through the debugger it memory leaks and hangs which means I'm gonna have to spend some time on it. You could, however, go for the old trick: delete stuff until the problem goes away, then work out which deleted thing fixed it. (Don't forget to backup!) If you could give that a try and let me know what "fixes" it, it could save me a lot of time...

• Well when I run it through the debugger it memory leaks and hangs which means I'm gonna have to spend some time on it. You could, however, go for the old trick: delete stuff until the problem goes away, then work out which deleted thing fixed it. (Don't forget to backup!) If you could give that a try and let me know what "fixes" it, it could save me a lot of time...

I got it to work by deleting the cursor layer. I dragged the cursor onto the same layer as the main game, and deleted the original cursor layer, and it has worked thereafter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)