Layout Editor Question

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • First, I'd like to say that Construct is great, and I hope the word continues to spread because I heard about it at random just a while ago, and it's exactly the kind of thing that I like.

Right now I'm designing a platformer, and would like to use invisible TiledBG objects for collisions and sprite objects on top of them for display. However, I want to resize a TiledBG that is behind a couple of sprites. The problem is, I can't click on it; clicking where I can see it in the layout editor just selects the overlapping sprite objects, since it's within the sprite's bounding box. I could move the sprite object, then resize the TiledBG, then move it back, but that'd be mighty inconvenient; especially since I need the TIledBG to be resized to be as long as the sprite objects I've got laid out right now.

So, my question is, how do I select something in the layout editor that's behind something else? If it helps, it's also on a separate Layer.

• I thought there was a keypress-click combo that allowes you to select objects below the object you currently selected, but I forgot what it is

Anyway, if they're on a separate layer, you could just hide/lock the decorative layer while you work on the collision layer. Click the eye and lock icons for the layer.

• Ah, thanks, locking the layers will work nicely. But if anybody does know the keypress combo, it might be worth noting, as I'm sure the issue will arise same-layer at some point. It'll probably just be less common, so less vital.

Back to laying out level!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hold Enter + left click

That was it!

It doesn't update the Properties bar until you let go the Enter key though, adding request to the tracker.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)