Label/text autosize

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Any way to autosize the text objects? Or at least to get the length of the text in pixels?

I just can't make simple tooltip object without this information. And I don't have Visual Studio Pro which means I cannot rewrite plugins.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think there's a way to do what you want. Maybe you could manually figure out how big each tool tip box should be. Then ... (let's assume you have a function that creates a tool tip with a given text) you would have to pass the desired size as a parameter too.

OR

Maybe just create a status bar. You could put a very long text box across the bottom of the screen. Then you could have the tool tip text go to the status bar.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted, but it may be the next best (doable) thing.

• Seems like there should be a way to resize text boxes at runtime. You should make a feature request.

• But it seems like it would be difficult for the user to automatically determine how big the text box should be just based on the message text. (Unless it were a feature built in to Construct that shrunk the text box to fit the message.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)