Help with walls

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Okay im making a basic zombie game but i have a problem i set the wall to solid so the player with 8 movment can not get through it but the zombies with bullet movments like in the tutorial can? anyone know why and how to fix id appreciate it

• First thing WTF EVERYONE IS MAKING A ZOMBIE GAME? Second thing give the wall "Solid Property" and for zombie give it a Bullet movement and thats all.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The ball movment works but its really gay and not zombie like.. anyone have any other suggestions..

• You need events on the bullet movement to turn it away when it hits a wall. The movement itself doesn't automatically avoid overlapping solids.

I'm using the RTS movement for mine. Basically, every 1000 seconds all zombies check for line of sight to the player or any zombie with line of sight to the player, then if they don't have it move to a random spot in an 80x80 square around themselves. If they have line of sight to the player or another aggressive zombie, they will add a waypoint at the player's location.

So they'll chase you around corners and stuff, but if they can't see you they'll keep moving until they have no waypoints left then go back to idling - unless they see you again.

• The ball movment works but its really gay and not zombie like.. anyone have any other suggestions..

Why ball? it have awkward direction change, better bullet. And about RTS movement, hmmm nice idea.

• What settings are you using for the RTS movement? The problem I have with it is that when the sprite is turning around to move the opposite way, there's a very exaggerated car-like movement to the sprite.

• Zombies are great! More zombie games!

• Zombies are great! More GOOD zombie games!

fixt

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)