Help with two minor details.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey.

As much as i love your creation, ashley, i can't help to constantly be pointing out lacking features or general annoyance. It might just be me being a picky person, i have never really come over a better freeware application in my life, but still there's room for improvement.

Firstly, i need help with two small things as the title points out.

How do i negate events. To my dissapointment, there was no "right click-negate" option. This should really be included.

Secondly, i still haven't managed to distinguish between "or" and "and" event relations.

Example: I want my character to be squished between two moving platforms, but only bounce off of one of them. So i need to use an "and" condition, because if i just stack up two events it just ends up killing my character the instant he touches either of the pads.

Well, sorry for sounding off like an annoying crybaby in this post ash, i'm just trying to help you improve on this amazing piece of coding and help sort out user friendliness.

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I assume you mean invert? Right click an event and select invert to give it the opposite effect.

• How do i negate events. To my dissapointment, there was no "right click-negate" option. This should really be included.

Right click, Invert condition!

[quote:ohfle3tu]Secondly, i still haven't managed to distinguish between "or" and "and" event relations.

All conditions in an event have to be met for the actions to run, therefore there is an implicit AND between them. ie.

+ Condition 1

+ Condition 2

+ Condition 3

-> Actions

The actions only run when (Condition1 AND Condition2 AND Condition3) is true.

OR logic can be achieved either by using the OR condition, or duplicating the actions over two events, or by using functions, eg.

+ Condition 1

-> Actions

+ Condition 2

-> Actions

This is comparable to (Condition1 OR Condition2) -> Do 'Actions', but isn't quite the same, since it's possible the actions will run twice if both conditions are true. The OR condition resolves this.

I do want to remove any annoying usability issues that people may run in to, so is this enough to satisfy your eventing?

• Definately. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. You're the best.

I'll let you know when i find more of these so you can iron them out.

• He actually didn't iron anything out. And you didn't find anything. That's exactly what you NOT did.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)