Game freezing/multiple enemy?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.
  • Hi, whenever my player touch my enemy the game freezes and I have to force quit it?

I've also got another question the way I'm making the enemy's move right they all go in the same spot is there anyway to make it go where I put them?

http://www.mediafire.com/?0stfzxcb21z

• I cannot confirm your freeze. Program initiates, box moves, collides with "Portal" and switches layouts. No player control.

What sprite is designated as an enemy?

• The purple square.

• Oh yeah, I see now. That' a BAD lockup.

Removing the purple box's platform movement fixes the crash. I'm beginning to think this isn't your fault.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you think you can fix my other problem.

I've also got another question the way I'm making the enemy's move right they all go in the same spot is there anyway to make it go where I put them?

• You have to be a lot more specific. What are you trying to achieve?

As far as this crash, it's happening as a platform object meets a platform object, as far as I can tell. I have to look deeper into what all your collision boxes are doing.

• Ok right If I copied the my enemy "box" and it collisions on all 3 sides and pasted them. Then ran it they go in the same place. I'm wanting to make so if I copy my enemy and it collisions on all 3 sides and pasted them and placed them where I want they would start there.

• Assigning new instances of sprites to new instances of other sprites is something I've never done. Deadeye and Doppel should be online shortly - they'll probably have some advice on where to begin.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm not even gonna try. I nuked the .cap making my own events. What my method would be, not having done it before, involves assigning all new instances of the sprite and its colliders an instance number, and modifying my events to run commands on like objects.

• Hi, whenever my player touch my enemy the game freezes and I have to force quit it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?0stfzxcb21z

The first thing I thought to check for fixed it...

You have "Solid" ticked for your green box. You don't need that. Untick it and there is no freeze when the green box and purple box overlap.

You only need to make things like walls and floors solid when you use platform movement.

• Ok right If I copied the my enemy "box" and it collisions on all 3 sides and pasted them. Then ran it they go in the same place. I'm wanting to make so if I copy my enemy and it collisions on all 3 sides and pasted them and placed them where I want they would start there.

You need to use Containers if you want to designate certain objects in groups (like a bunch of sprites each with their own detectors).

Check this out:

http://www.scirra.com/wiki/Containers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)