Friendly/probably inevitably annoying reminder :)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Heyo again, I did a quick search on this but I only found two responses that deal with this and they were both before the implementation of the new physics engine.

I just thought, since now is the time for ironing out bugs in the new physics engine that perhaps you awesome devs could add a 'set activated' in the physics behaviour events

Or, more conveniently, make collisions for physics objects able to be toggled at real time

I'm making an iso movement engine similar in movement to that Infantry game but with the physics engine how it is, I can't actually make the player jump OVER obstacles or reach different 'Z heights' if you get my drift.

*Eagerly awaits next build*

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're making an isometric game using the physics?

I... I can't even imagine how that would work.

• Basically I'm using it for a realistic 'space' type movement, which is essentially top down but i'm translating it into 3/4 so to speak. So i guess it's not -truely- isometric.

It's mostly for the X/Y force type movement but with realistic bounces on collisions, those are hard to code with just events Otherwise I would.

If someone can show me a way of getting 'asteroids' type movement with control over the max speed, acceleration and deceleration which also has realistic bounces from collisions WITHOUT using the physics engine PLEASE TELL ME

Also, upon reading someone else's thread about physics collisions, i would like to also suggest, alongside with the collision toggle on and off, it would also be nice to be able to choose WHICH physics objects affect a certain physics objects collisions, for example a family of walls causes collisions whereas a family of say the player's limbs (if you're doing a ragdoll thingy) don't collide with each other.

• Also, upon reading someone else's thread about physics collisions, i would like to also suggest, alongside with the collision toggle on and off, it would also be nice to be able to choose WHICH physics objects affect a certain physics objects collisions, for example a family of walls causes collisions whereas a family of say the player's limbs (if you're doing a ragdoll thingy) don't collide with each other.

Now that would be lovely

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)