Exceptions (please help)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I am new to the construct and to learn I am trying to make a game for my little sister. one of the things I use is the Drag and Drop behavior and when it goes over the corect spot the draged object is deleated and replaced with a new object without the Drag and Drop behavior on the corect point. While I want it to do this I want to create an Exception or something like it so that it does not do an action while the left mouse button is being held down. and no codeing advise please I have no experience with C++.

• 1) No c++ required.

2) I don't think I get what you want to do. What is this "Exception" you're talking about? What shouldn't do the action? Can you post an example cap*?

*upload it on mediafire.com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To invert a condition right click on it and select "Invert condition."

This will turn your "Left mouse is held down" into "Not Left Mouse is held down."

1) No c++ required.

Oh, didn't you know, Ashley's replacing Python support with C++

• Oh, didn't you know, Ashley's replacing Python support with C++

I'm 75% sure it's sarcasm, even if Ashley's awesome smartness could implement it.

• I'm 75% sure it's sarcasm, even if Ashley's awesome smartness could implement it.

(yeah, it was just a joke)

• Guess I wasn't clear I want to know how to make it not compleat an action when the left mouse button is pressed.

• > I'm 75% sure it's sarcasm, even if Ashley's awesome smartness could implement it.

>

(yeah, it was just a joke)

Python > C++

• C++ is not being implemented in to Construct guys, let's not try and confuse new users

Eventing has very few similarities C++ programming and thus features like exceptions are simply not there.

• I like C++ becouse its faster but Python is object programming so its easier.

• Okay, all derailing aside now.

Guess I wasn't clear I want to know how to make it not compleat an action when the left mouse button is pressed.

If you want to perform a specific action, you need to make an event in your event sheet that defines that action.

Have you read the tutorial? It goes into some of the basics of creating events.

If you have't added the Mouse & Keyboard object to your layout, you won't be able to make events with the mouse. So be sure to add that.

Other than that, read the tutorial on how to make basic events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)