effect weirdness (hard to explain, simple to see)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Dynamic heavy and powerful hard rock tracks. 15 tracks, loops and more.
  • I didn't notice this until trying Madster's clip disc effect.

Download here

Use the arrow keys to move around, note how the effect matches the objects size and shape correctly ONLY when going up/down/left/right, but when going diaganoly it morphs into a square. Surely that's not right?

I know it's not a huge deal or anything, and unlikely to come up in actual real world usage. But I'm curious if it's a bug or just a limitation of DirectX.

• please don't take the effect out of context.

I posted it for this thread, where I am asking for angles and correct hotspot information within an effect.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5210

Please continue discussion in that thread.

• please don't take the effect out of context.

I posted it for this thread, where I am asking for angles and correct hotspot information within an effect.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5210

Please continue discussion in that thread.

yeah this has nothing to do with hotspots tho

but whatever, i just want to know if its intentional or a bug, i dont care about getting credit for its discovery so lock this thread if you want lol.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Effects in Construct are processed over the entire bounding box of an image which, of course, gets bigger when the object rotates. That's something HLSL developers have to take in to consideration.

I don't know if Madster's effect is finished, or if it's for his own purposes and that artefact does not bother him in the way he uses it. No offence, but this shouldn't concern you, you're being a little overzealous here.

• well he was asking about using hot spots in effects and why effects always use the center of an object, i was asking why an effect did this when going in a diagonal direction, seemed different enough questions to me, *shrugs*

but whatever, thanks for the reply.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)