Copying a layout from another application

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hi,

I know, I'm beggining to be annoying with all my threads this month but anyway, there is something else I don't know and have to know.

I opened two projects in the same Construct window, then tried to drag a layout from one to the other.

But that doesn't work. Is there a way to copy a layout from an application to another?

I didn't find on the wiki, neither in the forums.

Thanks in advance!

Kan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's a thread in Discussion about this issue currently:

Right now there is no way to do this. It's a feature that would need to be added.

I've been holding off on responding to that thread because I don't know if the feature will be completed, but David said in chat that he had the beginnings of being able to copy and paste objects and events from one .cap to another in the works.

• Thanks.

So, the only way for now remains to create a new layout, then copy-paste into it all the stuff from the other layout...

The problem with that way - without the bit of time it takes - is that the objects I copy into my new layout change of Z-ordering. So I have to re-z-order them all after.

Thank goodness we also can copy-paste all the events from an event sheet to another.

Kan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)