Canvas Object for Splitscreen?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Hey guys,

Thinking about this currently. I guess the best way to come up with an old fashioned split-screen would be to use the canvas object. Has anyone used it successfully for that purpose yet?

I haven't really looked deeply into that issue, just been blocking out a quick prototype the last couple of days, but I'd need a strong multiplayer component for it to work.

So my current idea is that I'd need to draw the whole game and then use canvas to split up the screen horizontally or vertically. Out of my head, I don't think there's a way to define exactly what portion of the game the canvas object should display and I guess scrolling could definitely become an issue.

Just wanted to throw this out there, maybe someone here has come up with a successful multiplayer implementation already and / or just wants to help brainstorm a bit

• I thought about it too, and had another basic approach. In a quick&dirty test I simply copied the game layout and used two layout objects on a third layout. But I did not really test, if full functionality is given. Communication (or "syncing") between the two layouts have to be done through globals, of course, and that could be a hell of work. Another downside could be the higher demands of RAM/VRAM...

• Found this thread:

Maybe not an optimal solution, but it's a first step.

I guess linkmans camera plugin could be of some use here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I thought about it too, and had another basic approach. In a quick&dirty test I simply copied the game layout and used two layout objects on a third layout. But I did not really test, if full functionality is given. Communication (or "syncing") between the two layouts have to be done through globals, of course, and that could be a hell of work. Another downside could be the higher demands of RAM/VRAM...

Perhaps an advanced version of the Layout Object.

If it could be made to work in sync, IE shared objects, variables, etc. made to work in tandem...., and better window controls.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)