Bug : Unknown crash

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • http://upload.namelezz.net/downloader.p ... digger.cap

Steps :

1. Dig the ground by using left mouse click.

2. Repeat and move around the place you just digged.

3. Enjoy the crash.

To fix :

Disable "Animations" group in event sheet.

But why do animations make this cap crash? Can I have an explanation and a fix?

• Explanation: When you have animation and you are on a slope there is a high probability that you change to frame that will overlap with solid object thus making a crash

Fix: You said it yourself

• Thanks, I'll use a collider.

• Thanks, I'll use a collider.

That didn't work, because when the player collides with the collider, it still overlaps and the game crashes!

But wait a minute... Why Overlap = Crash?

Why can't 2 sprites overlap?

Help me please.

• It's the platform movement, one fix is to have a custom movement engine or another is to make the colliders have the platform movement and remove the solidity/movement of the sprite (just set the sprites position to the center of the collider)

• Jay,

i dont "get it" by this. I have seen this bug mentioned like close to 1000 times.

But i still dont "get it".

My next target is to learn Platform. Could you explain this bug a little deeper ?

Not the avoiding, but how it happens.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, well I don't know for sure, but I think that what happens is that the platform movement tries to move the object, but because it is inside a solid it can not move it, nor put it into the same place it is already in, so the program freezes in a loop of trying to move/place the object (The movement constantly tries to move or stop the object but both actions still report that the object is touching another solid object). Does that make sense?

• Oh yes that made sense, now i "get it", ty so much

• Ok things got a little more f#$ck up, even simple collision detection is broken, if you do a jump the ball will just jump to the left and if you go right/left it will crash... its not even about animations.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jgtx3ltzrn

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)