Add Object to other layouts

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Is there a way to push a button on layout1 and have it manipulate (destroy/create) an object on layout2?

I have actually managed to destroy a sprite from one layout on another, but I can't seem to create a new sprite to replace it.

• You could set a global variable on Layout 1 as an indication that such-and-such sprites should be destroyed or created. When Layout 2 is loaded check the variable in Start of Layout and create or destroy them as then needed.

• You could set a global variable on Layout 1 as an indication that such-and-such sprites should be destroyed or created. When Layout 2 is loaded check the variable in Start of Layout and create or destroy them as then needed.

Thanks, I was hoping I was just missing something simple again.

---

On a related note, is it bad to set up more than one array?

I prefer to use smaller data sources, more localized. Like one array for the player, one for the enemies, and so on, instead of one large array.

• On a related note, is it bad to set up more than one array?

I prefer to use smaller data sources, more localized. Like one array for the player, one for the enemies, and so on, instead of one large array.

That should be fine. You might actually end up saving some memory that way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That should be fine. You might actually end up saving some memory that way.

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)