Add Height/Width?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • I've scoured the forums and wiki, and I can't find anything that specifically states how to tell the Event Sheet Editor to add x pixels to the height or width of an object when an event occurs. As far as I can tell, there's no option to specifically do so. I'm looking for a way to add or subtract, rather than set, a value the way I can with private variables. I assumed the command was Add(x) or +x or something, but neither of those work.

• It's true, there isn't a specific Add Height/Width action. Just use Set Width/Height and write something like

Object.Width + 40

to add to the exisiting width.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's true, there isn't a specific Add Height/Width action. Just use Set Width/Height and write something like

Object.Width + 40

to add to the exisiting width.

Thanks, that was the command I was looking for, just couldn't find it. Is there somewhere I can look up a list of commands such as this? I'm sure I'll need to reference something similar.

• Thanks, that was the command I was looking for, just couldn't find it. Is there somewhere I can look up a list of commands such as this? I'm sure I'll need to reference something similar.

Well, the most important thing to know when using Construct is this imo:

SYSTEM EXPRESSIONS

and this too: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/construct/index.php?title=Expressions

To cite from the 2nd link:

[quote:44kfuzdf]Most plugins have expressions of their own, which you can use to get information about that object. You can double click an object in the object panel to see a list of all of them. A simple example is Sprite.X, which retrieves the Sprite object's X co-ordinate.

Object expressions have an object name and the expression name separated by a dot, as in Sprite.X.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)