A few, simple questions...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • 1) Is there a way I could make a run button?

2) I've seen some games ... well

when you hit a certain point (end of the map), you get transported to the next portion. How do you do that?

3) Is there a way to make your enemies shoot back?

--edit--

right. well...

1* uh, making a top down shooter. similar to the ghost game thingy. i want a button to just boost the speed.

2* i want to be able to hit a certain object and go into the next area; how do i do that?*

3* i want my boss to toss out like 3 objects at you with a 5 or so second delay.

--edit--

i'm having an odd time figuring out why whenever i go into my next area, the game crashes. halp?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sorry i'm asking so many questions. i guess it's the only way to learn.

• Answer is yes, but without some context no ones going to be able to give an example.

• Answer is yes, but without some context no ones going to be able to give an example.

edited. x.x

• 1 Add a private variable called boost set its initial value to 0.

make an event for mouse keyboard on button pressed set private variable to 1.

make an even that checks that private variable, if its 1 set 8 direction speed plus whatever.

2 Make a dummy object, and when the player collides with it use the system call, go to next layout.

That is if its in another layout, but again without specifics... who knows.

3 Still don't know enough. Are you using a behavior?

Suggestion read the wiki, and download examples from the forum.

• 1 Add a private variable called boost set its initial value to 0.

make an event for mouse keyboard on button pressed set private variable to 1.

make an even that checks that private variable, if its 1 set 8 direction speed plus whatever.

2 Make a dummy object, and when the player collides with it use the system call, go to next layout.

That is if its in another layout, but again without specifics... who knows.

3 Still don't know enough. Are you using a behavior?

Suggestion read the wiki, and download examples from the forum.

the wiki doesn't have anything.

thanks for the layout help--but now i need a spawnpoint D;

• > 1 Add a private variable called boost set its initial value to 0.

> make an event for mouse keyboard on button pressed set private variable to 1.

> make an even that checks that private variable, if its 1 set 8 direction speed plus whatever.

> 2 Make a dummy object, and when the player collides with it use the system call, go to next layout.

> That is if its in another layout, but again without specifics... who knows.

> 3 Still don't know enough. Are you using a behavior?

>

> Suggestion read the wiki, and download examples from the forum.

>

the wiki doesn't have anything.

thanks for the layout help--but now i need a spawnpoint D;

join the help room

• I address a few ways to transition between points in a layout or between layouts in Part 4 of the Mikey's adventure tutorial in the tutorials section. Like newt said, without more specifics can't really help much more.

I don't understood what you mean by need a spawnpoint. Just put an object there so when the player runs into it he moves to the next place. Or, use a condition if the player moves off the screen he moves to the next layout.

• I address a few ways to transition between points in a layout or between layouts in Part 4 of the Mikey's adventure tutorial in the tutorials section. Like newt said, without more specifics can't really help much more.

I don't understood what you mean by need a spawnpoint. Just put an object there so when the player runs into it he moves to the next place. Or, use a condition if the player moves off the screen he moves to the next layout.

mikey's adventure won't work for me. -_-

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)