3D Box revisited

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
3D Car Pack 1
$2.99 USD
3D models + Rendered Low-Poly Cars in isometric, top-down, and side angles.
  • I have noticed that 3D Box object is kinda broken again, at least for me. In the editor, I can create more than one box object and see them all, but when I run the application there is only one displayed.

Here is how to recreate what I see:

1.) Open Construct, make a "New Direct-X Game"

2.) Right click and insert two 3D Box objects

3.) Run the program

This is exactly what I did and when I run it, I only see the 3D Box I placed first.

However if you then go on to do these next steps...

4.) Add a 2D box object, about 160 by 140 anywhere on the layout

5.) Create another 3D Box object, I placed mine inside the 2D Box but it works anywhere on the layout

6.) Run the program

Now the first 3D Box AND the 3D Box placed after the 2D Box are displayed

Here are my card spec's if they are important:

Device name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Pixel shader: 2

Estimated VRAM: 435 MB

Motion blur: Yes

• There were some changes to the way 3D was drawn recently, to improve the speed, so it's likely this is a result of that. This will be looked into, and hopefully fixed for the next build.

Thanks for the report.

• No problem Rich, thanks for the hard work (and also the whole Scirra team too)

• I just wanted to confirm this little glitch. I'll wait for it to be fixed before I continue toying around with 3D boxes. There's also a glitch in the object bar. I renamed a red square from "Sprite" to "redsquare" and the name didn't change on the object list.

• There's also a glitch in the object bar. I renamed a red square from "Sprite" to "redsquare" and the name didn't change on the object list.

Right click and copy any object or some similar action, you don't need to paste it but doing this seems to make the object dock refresh/update.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • cool...I just noticed that myself and was afraid I made a stupid mistake

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)