Working with multiple .cap files? (team projects)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Hey, I can't seem to copy sprites/layouts/event sheets from one .cap file to another.

is it possible? I am about to start a project with a team and we need to work on separate parts, and merge them later. does anyone have a solution for this?

it will be hard to work on this project if we have to keep passing around 1 .cap file ...

thanks for reading!

• It's on the to-do list.

• okay, thanks.

• okay, thanks.

You can only do what deadeye and myself do at this stage... and that is to swap the .cap file back and forth between ourselves... while one person works on the .cap, the other does something else like graphics or planning.

~Sol

• > okay, thanks.

>

You can only do what deadeye and myself do at this stage... and that is to swap the .cap file back and forth between ourselves... while one person works on the .cap, the other does something else like graphics or planning.

~Sol

i hope you guys are using an SVN server. with ANY team project, an SVN server is very handy.

• >

> > okay, thanks.

> >

>

> You can only do what deadeye and myself do at this stage... and that is to swap the .cap file back and forth between ourselves... while one person works on the .cap, the other does something else like graphics or planning.

>

> ~Sol

>

i hope you guys are using an SVN server. with ANY team project, an SVN server is very handy.

lol SVN what?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i hope you guys are using an SVN server. with ANY team project, an SVN server is very handy.

Well, it would be handy if the project was split into modules. If Construct supported external event sheets I could see how using version control would be nice. As it is though emailing the .cap back and forth is just about the most efficient way to do things.

• There's definitely plans for external event sheets and image files from the .cap, in the future .

• sol you dont know what svn is????

its a network

used so that every lil change can be seen on everyones computer, even lets say moving an action point of tweaking a single action

or at least thats what i understand of it

• Thanks everyone, we plan on e-mailing the .cap, and doing prototyping or graphics during our "down time."

Any word on whether or not it will be in the next major build?

Take your time guys, your work is greatly appreciated

• Any word on whether or not it will be in the next major build?

It won't be in a near-future build, but it will be eventually.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)