Text To Speech Plugin Source

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Customizable speech bubble dialogue system! With this dialogue system, you can finally have speech bubbles in your game!
  • Hey,

I'm looking for the TTS plugin source code and it is not out on the SVN. Does someone have a copy of it and how come it is not out there? I wanted to make some updates to it....and add a couple new voices. Do you know where the voice file is stored for the current TTS plugin?

Also, I noticed shells for a Lua and Online plugin on the SVN... are we getting support for those??!!!

• Don't want to put a damper on your updates, but I think you have to have the voice's installed on the computer. Kind of like how a font has to be installed in the system in order to use it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scidave, it seems fairly easy to reproduce the plugin without the source. Here is a tutorial on how to get it working http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms720163%28VS.85%29.aspx.

• Thanks for the link Rojohound. I'll give it a look over.

Don't want to put a damper on your updates, but I think you have to have the voice's installed on the computer. Kind of like how a font has to be installed in the system in order to use it.

True, but the current plugin is very rudimentary. It only supports the default voice (for example Anna on WIndows Vista/7). I want to make it where you can select any speech file without having to manually change the default voice.. so if you want an old man, or sexy British accent, or little boy, or even your own voice created characters. You can either create these with programs, download a few for free, or usually buy them for around $30 - $50 dollars.

Also, I would like to be able to control pitch, and rate of speech.

• Lua? Neat

except David is not really working on it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)