Mode 7

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • There is a chance that the awesome Mode 7 extension for MMF by cellosoft will be ported to Construct with -maybe- a better texture interpolation (something like 2xSal)?

I love Mode 7, i think it is a very underestimated method for making fake 3d games.

Thanks.

• No - not mode 7 itself - it's a software rendering engine. Construct is entirely hardware accelerated, so it would make sense to do the same thing but in true 3D. However, we are concentrating on 2D features for up to Construct 1.0. Have you had a look at 3D Box?

• im sure some1 will eventually make one when construct gets popular enough, but atm its not too important, you should look at the skybox demo tho, its pretty cool and its even better than mode 7 for a type of panoramic viewport, you could probably even make a 3d type racing game with the camera at the center of the track if you try hard enough, that would be pretty cool

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No - not mode 7 itself - it's a software rendering engine. Construct is entirely hardware accelerated, so it would make sense to do the same thing but in true 3D. However, we are concentrating on 2D features for up to Construct 1.0. Have you had a look at 3D Box?

The 3D Box is pretty cool but useless in my case. I've been working on a F-Zero style game and the mode 7 is a must. In real 3D it would look better but at the same time it would ruin the *16 bit game feeling* that is one of the key factor of the game.

If Construct is aimed to 2D game developers, then someone has to made a Mode 7 extensions as it is one of the most used effect in 2D!

• > No - not mode 7 itself - it's a software rendering engine. Construct is entirely hardware accelerated, so it would make sense to do the same thing but in true 3D. However, we are concentrating on 2D features for up to Construct 1.0. Have you had a look at 3D Box?

>

The 3D Box is pretty cool but useless in my case. I've been working on a F-Zero style game and the mode 7 is a must. In real 3D it would look better but at the same time it would ruin the *16 bit game feeling* that is one of the key factor of the game.

If Construct is aimed to 2D game developers, then someone has to made a Mode 7 extensions as it is one of the most used effect in 2D!

maybe you could make a mode 7 effect, why dont you look at how its done and try to program it, but if youre not very experienced this may be problamatic, i have tried and failed once before. but with construct scaling and rotation ability it may be possible to make a mode 7 effect which looks decent if not better than acutal snes hardware.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)