Wow - 2d graphics with 3D lighting, depth info, etc

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A very simple to set up ZElevation based depth of field system for your game. Fully commented.
  • that's looks great, Shady.

are you planning to upgrade it now with the new bumpmapping3d effect?

I've never heard of bumpmapping3d, so if you can point my towards where I can download the effect it'll be great. About upgrading, I'll try if it isn't too much of a hassle, but this was more a 'proof of concept' then anything else. Maybe I'll incorporate it in a next game, since it doesn't fit in my current one at all.

• earlier in this thread davo posted his exe's with it. it does what the video does, so your lightsource can go behind objects

I thought it was included in the latest 99.82 version of construct

• earlier in this thread davo posted his exe's with it. it does what the video does, so your lightsource can go behind objects

I thought it was included in the latest 99.82 version of construct

So it's already built in? Sweet. I'll be sure to check it out in the morning (since it's bloody 2:30am here in Australia...)

• It's not bad Shady, but it looks like you already have some shadows baked into your image so it kinda defeats the purpose.

Also, bonus for your user name being on topic

• It's not bad Shady, but it looks like you already have some shadows baked into your image so it kinda defeats the purpose.

Also, bonus for your user name being on topic

Actually those shadows are sprites which I forgot to remove before compiling. I was trying to adapt them based on where the light is, but failed miserably...

By the way, my user name is my real life name!

• does your avatar 'sr' stand for shady records?

• does your avatar 'sr' stand for shady records?

My initials

• Wow.. those vids are awesome.. if someone could adapt that to COnstruct

• Sorry to bump an old-ish topic, but is this still being worked on? It would be a shame to see this die.

• I thought davo already released this plugin, just with no instructions? if not to everyone, at least to some people in chat.

As I recall it worked pretty well, though I think he didn't consider it finished for some reason

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, I actually don't bump old threads, but even with a pm I couldn't find the answer, so here is my question:

The picture from Shady is made with heightmap plus?

So where to get that 3d-ish bumpmapping effect, David used to place the light behind objects? If it's already build in, what name is it?

If someone has it, please upload it and sent me a link.

Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)