work it

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • [quote:1z2hllzo]Hi kids,

Hello full-grown-person.

[quote:1z2hllzo]

http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=a ... iZa6Wlpyn5

Nice GameMaker tetris clone.

[quote:1z2hllzo]So we beginners have a usefull tutorial, instead of the poor shooter tutorial we have now.

Well i think this shooter tutorial is good.

[quote:1z2hllzo]

Kids its time to stop protecting your knowledge. (Actual reading the forums; it looks like none of you can actual make something in Construct)

Protecting knowledge? And we wont create anything in Construct becouse its still in development so most of us are testing the possibilities of this software and searching for bugs in the meantime, if you read the forum you should know that people are making games like SoldjahBoy but his game is still under making.

Oh and i dare you to make this in construct. Lets say u can have 2 weeks to do the job ?[/code:1z2hllzo]
    Well i can try it starting from now.

And wth are you trying to compare GameMaker with Construct? Seriosly GameMaker have like 6.0 version of itself and construct will be 0.9.5 in several days maybe so its like comparing Mature Man with  Boy.
  • I'd say more like a few weeks for 0.95 than several days... exams suck.

• arrogance is to the fool.. I'll make a teris for you..

• Oh lawd... kill me now PLEASE!

No I mean it, someone sharpen a pencil and jab my eyes out... do it now!

Joh

The fact that your English isn't the best, is not the reason that I (and others I'm sure) don't really like you... it's the fact you act like a big JERK for no reason. Stop trying to be a macho-sadist-masachist and behaving like a 2 year old that was just denied a ride in the Wiggles "Big Red Car", and I (and others I'm sure) will stop thinking you are a tool-bag.

• Joh

The fact that your English isn't the best, is not the reason that I (and others I'm sure) don't really like you... it's the fact you act like a big JERK for no reason. Stop trying to be a macho-sadist-masachist and behaving like a 2 year old that was just denied a ride in the Wiggles "Big Red Car", and I (and others I'm sure) will stop thinking you are a tool-bag.

i agree with SoldjahBoy about the big JERK bit (probably everything else as well but mostly the being a JERK bit) desire to help improve something with potential is good but the way a person goes about doing it is what people notice, especially when using words like, "kid" in a demeaning manner when you communicate with an audience of varying ages and then laughing it off as if it were the right thing to do. it's quite ironic that the word "kid" is used in an attempt to make others feel immature when an entire post is littered with this very exact thing, immaturity.

construct is currently on its way to becoming an amazing game development medium and instigating problems only hinders it's progress by taking time that could be spent improving construct with criticisms about this community and its resources typed out in half assed english that could easily have been translated using this website http://www.freetranslation.com/

• [quote:29xjzazr] (I'll spare you pasting the link 3 times ).

[quote:29xjzazr]the link conatins a .cap

I admire how u can run from simple questions. I admire how u avoid the heart of the issue.

Anyway. Goodmorning. And let me ask u again.

Does a "for each object loop" combined with an "is object on layer" work as pointed out in de .cap

behind the link that i pasted 3 times ?

Whats rain worth ? Why do u waste time on variable emboss directions to fake lights ?

Whats the value of a good pixelshader?

IF the events do not return the right objects to the actions ? With as (u make it look like an

unimportand side effect) problem that the objects can not be controlled in the events manager.

You made a Rolls Drophead Coupe, but forgot the wheels.

• [quote:23qc285q] (I'll spare you pasting the link 3 times ).

[quote:23qc285q]the link conatins a .cap

I admire how u can run from simple questions. I admire how u avoid the heart of the issue.

Anyway. Goodmorning. And let me ask u again.

Does a "for each object loop" combined with an "is object on layer" work as pointed out in de .cap

behind the link that i pasted 3 times ?

Whats rain worth ? Why do u waste time on variable emboss directions to fake lights ?

Whats the value of a good pixelshader?

IF the events do not return the right objects to the actions ? With as (u make it look like an

unimportand side effect) problem that the objects can not be controlled in the events manager.

You made a Rolls Drophead Coupe, but forgot the wheels.

Some people are getting offtopic, so I'll try to return to what you're saying.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think what you're trying to say is it is difficult to select objects in events to then use actions on? For each object is powerful, in that you can pair it with other conditions; 'Object is on layer' is a good example of this, but also comparing private variables and positions, it is very simple to select a single or a group of any object. It's not an unimportant side effect, and it's not really an issue with correct planning. However, the SDK is very powerful, and allows direct access to the selected object list. If there's a particular problem you're facing, it can either be added through an object, or to the runtime.

Just on a side note about the rain demo: it is a technical demo, and highly impressive pixel shaders and bumpmapping are professional techniques used in many games, and to be able to use them so easily is surely a big advantage for creators.

• Oh God I love these threads.

• So Rich,

in base we agree.

Picking objects is easy. You brought them by urself in the scene. You can see there Unique ID's.

You can work on theire names.

Instances created on runtime are not that easy to pick.

Theirfor, its very importand that events (combined with a condition) that pick an instance of an object pass their information the righ way to the actions.

I assume we agree on that too.

If the events are not able to do that, any fancy shader, any beautyfull made behaviour, any system object has no use.

Its like delevering a car with no steer and wheels.

I asked for an event "for each object on layer (x)' to simplyfie the picking of instances created on the run.

Half of that is allready in place beacuse u can create instances on layer (x), and that works perfect too.

Layers are a perfect and visual way to determinate groeps of objects at run tme, even better then the use of familys.

now with the event "for each object" combined with a condition " and how its implemented i have 2 problems.

One is general. Meaning, shifting this in 2 lines of code is confusing and it is the finger on the little shortcoming that hurts the whole events editor. It is a loop too, and not an event. Conditions paired to a loop should be placed in the actions. Why it should be 1 line of code.

De combination of 2 lines generates a lot of hidden errors too. (not bugs) Because the event editor allows u at present time to combine everything and anything, with no steering error reporting.

Let me return on this later on.

The second problem i have with that construction is specific to this construction. Namely, i was suggested to try "for each object" comebined with "is on layer". I ofcourse tried that and uploaded the . cap. So u guys could correct me if i am wrong. Its the link that made ashley upset. De construction dont work, less i put it wrong. So far no one made any attempt to look at the .cap.

And this again is a general pain in the events editor. Loops dont seem to work a lot. The essential "else" dont work too.

To say it again "If the events are not able to do that, any fancy shader, any beautyfull made behaviour, any system object has no use."

Allright, the DVD of my program is written, means my time is up, back to work. At home i will return to what i promissed to return to.

The plain Jerk salutes you.

And i am still curious about any upshowing .cap holding a working tetris clone. And a reasonable dude/dudette who points out the problems he/she meets, so they get solved. Secondly, i hope this .cap will add to a the documentation for newbys to construct .

Thats our job btw, Ashley cant do all this, Ashley has to get his mind in the events editor.

• I asked for an event "for each object on layer (x)' to simplyfie the picking of instances created on the run.

I agree, more select conditions and for each conditions would be very welcome.

And this again is a general pain in the events editor. Loops dont seem to work a lot. The essential "else" dont work too.

Could you upload a .cap with a broken loop; that would help Ashley locate any problem. ELSE should be fixed in 0.95.

And i am still curious about any upshowing .cap holding a working tetris clone. And a reasonable dude/dudette who points out the problems he/she meets, so they get solved. Secondly, i hope this .cap will add to a the documentation for newbys to construct .

More tutorials and example .cap files are always welcome. If something prevents a certain game being made, it can usually be added easily. Destructible terrain is a good example of this, and an easy method has been added for 0.95.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:lz79otkl]The second problem i have with that construction is specific to this construction. Namely, i was suggested to try "for each object" comebined with "is on layer". I ofcourse tried that and uploaded the . cap. So u guys could correct me if i am wrong. Its the link that made ashley upset.

Okay, now I'm confused. In this thread you have only posted links to a .exe of tetris. Where's the .cap file?!

• Ah, seems to be a bug there, will fix for next build.

• j0h, I just wanted to say, that I enjoy reading your posts. Not in a way that I think I'm better than you or anything... you just sound like a mafia hitman. I like the tone; it's fun to read.

• wel ty Vrav !

I really liked my Rolls comment.

The Drophead is a cabrio,

its british made,

the wheels are made in france i think,

and its a pain in the *** when it rains, (context raindemo)

simply becasue the roof takes almost 2 minutes to close ..

while a skinny BMW3 cabrio does it in only 12 seconds

Ha !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)