Turn based pathfinding solution...please.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • Can we please have a dedicated turn based pathfinding solution.

I'd like to make games like Battle for Wesnoth - http://www.wesnoth.org/, or Advance Wars, which just doesnt seem possible with RTS pathfinding.

The pathfinding needs to be contained to a grid or squares with modifiers etc. It's a different setup and requirments than RTS.

Thanks.

• I'd like to make games like Battle for Wesnoth - http://www.wesnoth.org/, or Advance Wars, which just doesnt seem possible with RTS pathfinding.

Why not? Give your objects some variables to specify whether or not it's their turn, and only move those objects on their turn.

As far as grid movement, just set all your waypoints and destinations to grid coordinates. If you need to get, say, a 32x32 grid coordinate for the mouse, you can do it with floor((mouseX / 32) * 32), floor((mouseY / 32) * 32).

• Care to post a simple example please?

I think a big problem is the collision detection of it. It can't move inbeteen 2 squares, it seems to need double the size, or it tries to go around.

Theres also the turning radious values which is a problem, as well as having to have an accel and decel speeds, i think that messes up the stopping point.

• Ah, I guess your right. I haven't really used RTS all that much.

• I hope it gets added to construct because it will open up another genre of game that i don't think you can currently do at the moment.

• It's been requested and hopefully I'll get round to it soon. We're all pretty busy at the moment though so it might be a while.

• Thanks.

It doesnt have to be a complex 'does everything turnbased strategy object', just a simple pathfinding one that allows you to get the grid squares per step. It doesnt even have to include movements.

• Know you've been busy, just thought i'd check back to find out if anything like this has been implemented yet?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • nope :s

I want to try it though, but first I have to do the 2.5d behavior.

• That would be great!

Should i come back in another year?

• I want to try it though, but first I have to do the 2.5d behavior.

i what is this 2.5D behavior please ?

I'm interested

• 2.5D stuff:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)