Suggestion: bullet out of range

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • When I select a bullets range, and its destroyed when it leaves this range, there doesn't seem to be any way to trigger an event when the bullet is destroyed for being out of range.

IE: bullet is out of range and has been destroyed - > create explosion

• When I select a bullets range, and its destroyed when it leaves this range, there doesn't seem to be any way to trigger an event when the bullet is destroyed for being out of range.

IE: bullet is out of range and has been destroyed - > create explosion

I haven't tried making any events like this... but is there something like "bullet has been destoryed > create explosion" or (in basic terms) "bullet is x distance from player (calculating pixel distance) > create explosion" ???

• you could do is x distance from player where x is the range of the bullet, but if you are moving...

• you could do is x distance from player where x is the range of the bullet, but if you are moving...

You could control it from x distance from player based on the firing position rather than the players current x.y position... this could be handled by an alterable value of the bullet objec itself... Each time the bullet is fired, an alterable value is made for both X and Y and the bullet refrences that rather than the players current x.y position.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey!

Thanks, yeah that would work, but it would be easier just to have an event for it, that's the whole point of construct.

Afaik its done I think, so we can look forward to it in the next update!

Tom

• Yeah, there's a trigger for a bullet leaving range in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)