more functionality for groups [solved via plugin]

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Looks like you guys won't be accepting many new feature requests for a while, but I'm gonig ahead and posting this anyway just in case. Look at 3 paragraph. Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That paragraph sounds more like a bug report (not all groups enable/disable) than a feature request. Is it on the tracker?

• That paragraph sounds more like a bug report (not all groups enable/disable) than a feature request. Is it on the tracker?

i think what he means ashley, is that he wants it to work that way. so he can make subgroups on the fly.

if thats what you mean, manontherun. there's a plugin im going to be making, currently in the planning phase that allows you to make arrays of objects. i havent posted a description yet, but it should allow dynamic group creation and destruction. unfortunately, i cant give you an eta, becuase im going to make the bitmapped text object first.

but anyway..if thats what you meant, keep an eye out for the object array plugin

• Oh, thought I mentioned the groups have the same name. I meant if sub-evented groups with the same name are under different parents that you can choose to only disable one (ideally, if you make a group and disable it in an action somewhere in a sub-event it disable THAT one in its scope). Like the cap below shows. There is some extra stuff in there, just to make sure I couldn't do it with conditions. It can't tell which one so it disables them all? http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cd0f ... f6e8ebb871

lucid, that sounds interesting. Since when do members make plug-ins? New era for Construct indeed. Anyways, I'll have to look out for your plug-ins.

(ignore stuff about trigger in that post, was thinking about something else, like how key press works.. forgot it's a system object so it doesn't pick and does action on all of them)

• lucid, that sounds interesting. Since when do members make plug-ins? New era for Construct indeed. Anyways, I'll have to look out for your plug-ins.

members have always been able to make plugins for construct. That is the entire point of the open source thing, Modding the program to do what you want it to. Me, Lucid, linkman, and Lomu as well as the devs have made plugins for construct. You can get the SDK in the plugin forum but I think the .99 version is coming soon.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)