Is python important to know?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Just wondering, is it important to know python to use construct. I have spent the last year learning the similarly awesome "Lua", and I wanted to know if it is worth learning a new language primarily for construct use. Hopefully it is close enough to Lua that I wont have to go insane learning a new language. Also, what are some good books/sites for beginning python? Thanks, sorry for the amazing amount of questions

• You can write many wonderful games without Python. So I suggest to do not double your efforts and lean Construct first. Then add Python as needed.

BTW Python is not hard to learn at all, so do not worry.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for responding so quickly! I will dedicate myself to construct first off, and move on from there. What is a good first project, if you don't mind my asking?

• I started making my own min projects. Moving things, checking collisions. I am a big fan about starting small. My fist game is done I am just making graphics for it now and i have only been here a week.

Ghost shooter tutorial is a very complete tutorial. Do the reading one not the video.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/c ... =Tutorials

Here is a fun mini platform video demo. It is not s full tutorial but very informative.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Also I am VERY excited about deadeye making a new platform school tutorial. The one posted is outdated but he is amazing at platforms, and is updating it.

... any hint on time frame deadeye? Fans await

• ... any hint on time frame deadeye? Fans await

Soon, hopefully. Patience

• back to the original topic

to put it another way

almost no one here knows python

• back to the original topic

to put it another way

almost no one here knows python

Good way to put it

• Yeah, I guess people who know Python prefer to develop games with Pygame and stuff, since it gives them more freedom.

Also, why do I have the feeling of deja vu? I'm sure I've said a similar statement somewhere on these forums...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)