Example of Game with Simulated Depth & Animated Backgrounds?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A very simple to set up ZElevation based depth of field system for your game. Fully commented.
  • I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a sample of any game or portion of a game, created using Construct, that features backgrounds that are animated in portions, and that appear to merge seamlessly with foreground scenery. Parallax examples would be good, too.

Another thing I would love to see is a sample of a player character that appears to move in 3D space, (turning and getting smaller as he moves toward the background, larger when he moves toward the foreground, or "camera"). I imagine both of these scenarios would lend themselves to the "side scroller" genre.

What I am trying to discover is how far the 2D game format can be extended to realistically resemble partial 3D environments in which game play takes place.

Are these things possible to be accomplished without "scripting"? Would all the elements I mentioned be handled using "sprite" functions?

Thank you,

Greg Smith

• I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a sample of any game or portion of a game, created using Construct, that features backgrounds that are animated in portions, and that appear to merge seamlessly with foreground scenery. Parallax examples would be good, too.

Another thing I would love to see is a sample of a player character that appears to move in 3D space, (turning and getting smaller as he moves toward the background, larger when he moves toward the foreground, or "camera").

Are these things possible to be accomplished without "scripting"?

By "scripting" I assume you mean creating events in the event sheet editor. In that case, then yes you can do parallax without events. Z sorting and scaling, no you cannot.

Would all the elements I mentioned be handled using "sprite" functions?

Yeah, sure.

• ...or if by scripting, you meant using Python: yes, you can do all of that without Python.

• Good job finally accepting construct and it's programmery syntax.

• Deadeye:

Thank you for the references.

Davioware: Well, I'm not sure I've finally accepted it, but I'm willing to spend some more time giving it my best attention.

Thanks,

Greg Smith

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'd recommend you follow some tutorials before getting into areas like this, to fully ascertain the basics. There's nothing you can do using scripting that can't be done with events, for example. The Ghost Shooter tutorial should walk you through a lot of what you need to know.

• Rich:

That is a good thing to know. In fact, if this is so, then Construct represents the only existing game engine that can make that claim.

Thank you,

Greg Smith

• The event model was created before Python was introduced. In fact, Python can do less than events in some areas (as it is not quite fully integrated).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)