Edit the strength of blur

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • im basically asking for the ability to change the blur intensity on the effects "vertical blur" and "horizontal blur" it seems like something you should be able to define, like if you need something to be only a little bit blurred.

oh yah and for some reason when i try to look at an effect's tab i.e.(horizontal blur) within the event editor construct sometimes (most of the time, like 90% of the time) crashes and i have to restart it.

• would like to see this also

• thirded

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • same goes for drop shadow -- i want to be able to set the distance and opacity of the shadow, and the direction it is cast.

edit: and perhaps a control on mask effect, so that we can specify how many layers to penetrate. or specify a certain layer to show. if i want to create a mask that pokes through several layers, i literally create the same mask on any layer i want to be punctured -- seems redundant. it'd be nice to just set what layer is shown through.

• same goes for drop shadow -- i want to be able to set the distance and opacity of the shadow, and the direction it is cast.

You might as well just use the drop shadow object. It allows you to set the X and Y offsets as well as opacity. Plus, it doesn't use pixel shaders, so it's a lot faster.

• Yeah the drop shadow pixel shader was more a proof of concept, its a lot better to use the drop shadow object or to take the image of your sprite, blur it, blacken it, and make a second sprite and use that as a drop shadow.

• i didn't even know there was a seperate drop shadow object

edit: i poked around in the blur effects. their current implementation isn't really built in an easily scalable way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)