Different module replayer engine/MOD Object

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hello. I know I'm kind of being a dick by going straight to the feature requests after just registering, but after checking out Construct and immediately loving every bit of it, I noticed just one problem - the MOD Object seems to be built around a very old and outdated library. The way it is coded now, it does not support stereo playback for s3m/xm/it, IT's built-in lowpass filter and any kind of sample interpolation. You could sort of live without the first two, but without interpolation, newer tracker formats (s3m, xm, it) are played back wrong (they use it by default).

Therefore I have a request - could the module playback library be changed to some other free engine? I'm a bit of a module freak, so after lots and lots of rigorous testing I can suggest either libmodplug (fully GPL compliant, a bit shaky on compatibility) or DUMB (almost balls-on accurate, BSD-style joke licence, see here and here. Unofficial, but much more optimized and actively maintained fork is worked on by kode54 as a foobar2000 plugin - sources available on that page).

If this is out of the question, is the plugin SDK capable of interfacing with Construct's sound engine? I could try writing my own implementation, though I'm not very good with C right now.

• The devs are really busy right now, so changing the mod engine would most probably have to be done by a third party.

If this is out of the question, is the plugin SDK capable of interfacing with Construct's sound engine? I could try writing my own implementation, though I'm not very good with C right now.

Yes, all the plugins for construct were created with the plugin SDK. I don't think construct has a "sound engine"; The Xaudio plugin handles everything related to sound (aside from mod playback). The mod plugin was made by a user who doesn't frequent these forums anymore, if I remember correctly. So yeah, anyone who knows C++ would be able to do what you want.

• Sweet! I'll try poking around the SDK and sources then, but since I'm crap with C, my request is still up .

Thanks for the info!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From personal experience I can say that learning the sdk, is a fun way of learning to elevate programming skils beyond crap

With the extra motivation of creating something useful in the process

• I've got to say, I'd love to see this happen at some point... but then I'll have to go through my IT files and re-import the original samples where possible instead of upsampled ones.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)