"Destructable Landscape" Object (or ways to do it)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Yeah, you know, in games like Worms, Cortex Command, Liero, Molez, et cetera; they have destructable particle-powered landscape.

Without spamming 200,000 particles to create this effect, could it be added as a plugin or as a feature to Construct? Like, determine particle sprite, then it makes a flat landscape out of it. When a bullet hits it from a certain direction or some event happens, it could destroy a determined amount of particles at once.

Would be very useful - if this isn't doable already without considerable FPS loss, that is.

• If I remember correctly, you can use the ink effect "erase" to perform the same function as taking pieces out of a landscape. Your sprite is the erase mask, so you can define it with pixel precision.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I remember correctly, you can use the ink effect "erase" to perform the same function as taking pieces out of a landscape. Your sprite is the erase mask, so you can define it with pixel precision.

But does it affect the collision of the landscape? That is what I need.

• No, you won't be able to modify the collision landscape like that, the Canvas object needs new features to be able to support this.

• That would be awsome! Especially if you could draw your own "erase masks".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)