Download Construct 0.99.7 (unstable)
This is an
unstable build. You can help Construct's development by downloading it, trying it out, testing and reporting bugs. If you have projects you want to work on without possible bugs getting in the way, stick to stable builds.
Link to previous build (0.99.62) changelog
A shiny new build! Kudos to Davo this time around for lots of fixes. We've managed to fix a lot of problems across the IDE, runtime, plugins and behaviors. Hopefully this should mean an overall increase in stability, but as usual we're being cautious and going to trial this as an unstable release first, especially since Davo has changed a lot of event code.
- [FIX] Canvas: private variables were broken (took string parameters instead of private variable combos!) - although they now work, any existing .caps attempting to use canvas private variables will need to edit every canvas private variable action, condition or expression, correct it, then hit OK before the application will run.
- [FIX] Game icons can have an alpha channel.
- [FIX] 'Copy as text' for events now copies text in a sensible format much more readable than before. You can now use this to paste events readably to the forum. Example of an event from Ghost Shooter copied as text:
+ Bullet: On collision between Bullet and Monster
-> Monster: Add 1 to 'Hit count'
-> Bullet: Spawn object Explosion on layer 1 (image point 0)
-> Bullet: Spawn object Light on layer 2 (image point 0)
-> Bullet: Destroy
-> Explosion: Set angle to random(360)
-> Monster: Set 'Chase countdown' to 150
- [CHANGE] Rewrote the event exporter that handles preprocessing of triggers. New design is very easy to maintain and flexible, but if anyones events stop working right this could be the cause of it. Davo has promised to upload a video of him slapping himself to youtube if this does not work.
- [CHANGE] Changed the name of the system actions 'Set layer zoom offset' and 'Set layer zoom rate' for better clarity
- [ADD] The custom collision mask button now works, allowing you to quickly and easily edit the collision mask of a frame in an object. This was available in right mouse menus in the animation editor, but now you can easily edit an image in the picture editor itself.
- [ADD] 'Step' is back, and this time it works It should default to 30 and make big soft brushes look really soft as the 'brush splats' are spaced apart.
- [FIX] Runtime reported object count incorrectly after loading a saved state.
- [CHANGE] Modified layer zoom so layer zoom offset is applied after the zoom rate. This means if you set the zoom rate to 0, you can still make a layer zoom in and out (eg for an interface)
- [ADD] Eye distance (3d) - Used to determine how far away the viewer is from the layout 'wall'. If a 3d box goes goes higher than this amount it will start to disappear. By default its now 500, in older projects it 100.
- [ADD] 3D box: raise scale parameter. As of this build a cube of 64x64x64 is a cube, but older versions 64x64x20 is a cube, so a 'raise scale' has been added so recent projects wont be affected
- [ADD] XAudio2: 'Timescale audio' option, which if disabled prevents XAudio2 changing audio frequency with timescale.
- [FIX] Panel Object - ObjectName('variablename') to obtain private variable works now
- [FIX] Panel Object - The filter and opacity of the object now get used
- [FIX] Panel Object - Non Square panels now render correctly
- [FIX] Box Object - Now draws in both the layout editor and the runtime correctly (within the boundaries)
- [FIX] Mouse & Keyboard - Set Control State now works ( the player number wasn't being processed right)
- [FIX] Tiled Background - when non-power-of-two texture is used, runtime will overlap tiles by one pixel. The layout editor now looks the same as the runtime in this case.
- [FIX] Edit box: load from file didn't always load strings correctly.
- [FIX] 3D box: was disappearing sometimes (again)
- [FIX] 3D box: Pitch and Yaw now work (thanks Shviller!)
- [FIX] Xbox 360 controller - Button problems fixed
- [FIX] Canvas: cropping or invisible if not scrolled to 0,0 on start of layout
- [FIX] Canvas: Doing any kind of drawing at the start of the frame now works.
- [FIX] Custom Movement - No longer crashes when it uses actions with object params with 0 instances
- [FIX] Physics - Can now change the mass at runtime. Use 0 to make immovable
- [FIX] Physics - Fixed glitches with placing points on the custom collision masks
- [FIX] Platform Movement - You no longer vibrate on moving platforms or fall through them if they move up.
- [FIX] Platform Movement - Jump Sustain works when the gravity angle isn't down
- [FIX] Platform Movement - Acceleration and Deceleration now work correctly
- [CHANGE] Platform Movement - If you use the xbox 360 controller you can control the max speed of your player
- [FIX] Platform Movement - If you hit a sideways spring and were moving at a high speed, you would instantly snap to the max speed. Now it decelerates