Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Set of 21 Food plus 6 boards, for different kind of games
  • Sorry I wasn't aware it was being re-done.

With that said..There's gonna be an even better camera plugin!? I'll be looking forward to this

Yup, though it's mostly gonna be backend changes. I was still kind of blindly feeling my way through C++ when I wrote the original, so the code base is utter garbage. Due to cleaner code this time 'round I should be able to more easily fix bugs and implement new features.

• > Hi. Is there any chance this can be fixed?

>

> I'd like to use it for a game that zooms around a lot and this 'bind to layout' thing kind of breaks everything. Also, cameras seem jittery for some reason.

> Might go with events instead, which would suck because this plugin has all I want.

>

Any chance you could send me a CAP illustrating both problems?

Sure!

Here's a small test

Note: jumpiness might show up only in slow machines, as I'm testing in a netbook.

• Okay, the "Bind to layout" bug should be fixed now. I'm kind of worried that I may have screwed up something else between February and now, but we'll see. Be sure to let me know if you notice any funky behavior.

Advanced Camera Plugin - v0.93b

Download Now(with example) - 150KB

Additions/Fixes/Changes:

[FIX] - "Bind to layout" didn't take into account zoom level of the camera.

• Never tried this before - works a treat (although a couple of the examples made me woozy due to the camera movement, but thats probably my old age!).

Many thanks

• Hi, I found a problem within the fix

There could be a mistake in the manual scroll, I've updated the post with a new .cap and explanations on how to reproduce the error.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7335&p=57306#p57306

I hope it's an easy fix. Cheers!

• Wow, I have no idea what's going on there. I'm afraid you might just have to wait for me to finish up work on this plugin's successor. Luckily, I've made significant progress lately. If all goes well, it should be viable as a replacement for the current version within a week or two.

• Whee!

I really want to use it, as its smooth transitions are perfect for the type of game I'm making.

Please, do consider setting a constant speed for the cameara for constant scrolling

• Or I could just have a mock object with bullet and set camera to follow it instead >_<

• Hello I found another bug >_<

Yeah, I'm hammering your plugin.

When you set an object to follow a sprite and you tell it to use object angle.... well, it doesn't.

However if I manually set the camera's angle to the object's angle every tick, it works.

(funny though, camera angles have a different orientation to object angles. Not surprised, as I've been fighting Construct's conflicting coordinate systems for zooming and scrolling and positioning... this is just one more, just set camera angle to -90-Sprite.Angle)

This is an easy fix using an *always* event, but you might want to test it in the new version of your plugin

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When you set an object to follow a sprite and you tell it to use object angle.... well, it doesn't.

Not a bug. That option is used in conjunction with the offset distance for the camera offset from the object.

• Oh okay!

So there's no automatic rotation then? cool, no biggie.

I like the "exclude from rotation" action ^^ it's very useful.

EDIT: no sarcasm, I'm actually using it so my UI doesn't rotate

• I like the "exclude from rotation" action ^^ it's very useful.

EDIT: no sarcasm, I'm actually using it so my UI doesn't rotate

Yeah, that was the reason behind that addition. Speaking of which, I still need to add that to the rewrite...

• The successor to this plugin, MagiCam, is out! I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread, so hop over to the MagiCam thread and try it out:

MagiCam Plugin

Unless you're curious or something, I'd recommend against downloading any version of this plugin. MagiCam should be much more stable and is much more full featured.

• LINK!

• linkman2004 , the link is down. Pleaaaaseeeee

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)