Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Set of 21 Food plus 6 boards, for different kind of games
  • None of these bugs are likely to be fixed for the current version. The code base is crap and fixing anything is a huge pain.

The good news is that I'm currently in the process of writing from scratch the next version of this plugin. The bad news is that it won't be compatible with the current plugin because I want to make some changes to how it works, so events will have to be changed over to the new version. With any luck, though, the rewrite should fix any bugs, or at the very least make it easier to find them.

• As a possible feature for the next version, it would be really great to be able to have more control over grid scroll zones. Mainly, I want zones to be able to have shapes like L or T, meaning, not just made out of the single shape that I choose as my grid zone object. Maybe it could just "combine" different instances of the object into one grid zone? That way a single square object could be used for all sorts of grid zones.

• One thing I noticed about scroll zones:

Depending on where the camera is the current area, when you switch to another area, the camera will move horizontally (assuming they're connected horizontally) then it can find that it's showing something outside the zone (e.g. above the zone) and will warp to be within the zone again.

I hope I worded that clearly enough, lol. Maybe there could be a way to scroll more smoothly? For example, in Super Metroid (which uses a little different scrolling for within the same room anyway to keep proper focus), the camera would move vertically to align itself with the next zone, then scroll horizontally. As long as it isn't warping that would be good.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi there

I have a question about, what can you do with advance camera plugin.

I wonder if is possible to do in top down view race game, that camera follow the car like in 3d games.

can it be done?

• I wonder if is possible to do in top down view race game, that camera follow the car like in 3d games.

Like from behind? You can't do that, the camera is limited to two dimensions.

• hi there

I wonder if is possible to do in top down view race game, that camera follow the car like in 3d games.

can it be done?

you'd have to do a mode7 sort of thing like in mario kart

• hi there

can it be done?

If you want to rotate the view following the car, yes you can. Toggle it in the follow action.

• On a separate subject, Bind to layout seems to ignore zoom.

And there's some 1-frame camera jolt when zoomed that I can't get rid of.

On another note: this is so awesome and needs to be finished

• Hi. Is there any chance this can be fixed?

I'd like to use it for a game that zooms around a lot and this 'bind to layout' thing kind of breaks everything. Also, cameras seem jittery for some reason.

Might go with events instead, which would suck because this plugin has all I want.

• Hi. Is there any chance this can be fixed?

I'd like to use it for a game that zooms around a lot and this 'bind to layout' thing kind of breaks everything. Also, cameras seem jittery for some reason.

Might go with events instead, which would suck because this plugin has all I want.

Any chance you could send me a CAP illustrating both problems?

• Thats Awesome Man, The Rotation and movement is smooth and seamless.

Job Well Done

• Ive been using this for the game I am currently working on but for some reason it does not work when I run the layout in debug mode. Is this a common thing or something that only happens to me....

• Ive been using this for the game I am currently working on but for some reason it does not work when I run the layout in debug mode. Is this a common thing or something that only happens to me....

Doesn't work for me either, I get a black screen. Also, the cameras quit working after loading a game (I'm using system object's "save/load to disk"). Any chance this could be fixed? Pleeease?

It's a known bug, but I don't know what's causing it. I'm currently rewriting the whole thing though, so I'm hoping this gets ironed out.

Doesn't work for me either, I get a black screen. Also, the cameras quit working after loading a game (I'm using system object's "save/load to disk"). Any chance this could be fixed? Pleeease?

The save/load thing is something I'm hoping to fix with the rewrite as well.

• Sorry I wasn't aware it was being re-done.

With that said..There's gonna be an even better camera plugin!? I'll be looking forward to this

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)