A couple tips.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A collection of various characters spritesheets for creating a 2D top down, RPG, tower defense, or other similar game.
  • Well probably common knowledge, but tips for newbs, like me.

On loading a sprite, most of the behaviors assume the image is facing east.

Yeah I know I shoulda figured that one out when it started moving sideways.

Another nice little time saver: You can set up a little HP/ counter bar, by using a gradient object, and using an objects private variable to make it grow. Just change the gradients width, or height to the variable.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lol yeah east and then rotates in a clockwise direction is how our angle system works. Its so that cos and sin work in this manner:

X += cos(angle)

Y += sin(angle)

Really easy to remember because cos and sin are in alphabetical order, and both positive

Also another tip is to use the tiled background object and set the width. That works well with a health bar that gets smaller (doesn't scale, just becomes less and less) or hearts where you have a tiled image of a 16x16 heart and each time u get hit you subtract 16

• lol yeah east and then rotates in a clockwise direction is how our angle system works. Its so that cos and sin work in this manner:

X += cos(angle)

Y += sin(angle)

Really easy to remember because cos and sin are in alphabetical order, and both positive

Also another tip is to use the tiled background object and set the width. That works well with a health bar that gets smaller (doesn't scale, just becomes less and less) or hearts where you have a tiled image of a 16x16 heart and each time u get hit you subtract 16

I always wondered why the angles were different from every other game creation platform. And now that I know what sin/cos are, it all makes sense.

• [quote:3tsf7bty]Also another tip is to use the tiled background object and set the width. That works well with a health bar that gets smaller (doesn't scale, just becomes less and less) or hearts where you have a tiled image of a 16x16 heart and each time u get hit you subtract 16

Oh yeah? Hey that would work for a lot of other things as well.

Thanks for the tip.

• Also another tip is to use the tiled background object and set the width. That works well with a health bar that gets smaller (doesn't scale, just becomes less and less) or hearts where you have a tiled image of a 16x16 heart and each time u get hit you subtract 16

That's a clever trick

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)