a couple requests

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A collection of various characters spritesheets for creating a 2D top down, RPG, tower defense, or other similar game.
  • Simple menu object.

A simple menu object would be great to quickly get a basic menu. Something that would just create a row of buttons with text that could be changed. It seams in the games I create the menu is the last thing I want to really work on, yet I need the menu to finish coding in the major parts of the game. And even creating a simple menu in construct is really tedious. This would really speed up the process and allow all the focus to go into the game mechanics. Then when the game is operational the real polished menu could be implemented. And even with a game that I am creating with a unique interface I still have some type of menu with buttons that I don't want to bother with until I have most of the game coded. A simple menu object would be invaluable for every game.

Shape object

the box object is very useful. a circle object would be too, so would many shapes. that is why I propose turning the box object into the shape object. The shape could be chosen in the properties tool bar. Also I have noticed that the box object does not have the same actions and events that a sprite would, such as collisions. The box object and shape object would be much more useful if it had all of those options. For example many times I just need a box to test something out, however I cant use the box object because it is not treated the same as a sprite is, collisions and creation and possibly other I cant remember. I just think circles. triangles. pentagons, and all those other shapes would be almost as useful as the box object and it could all be put in a single object.

every x milliseconds

I am not sure if this action works the way it is supposed to. If you use every x milliseconds it wont actually be every x milliseconds. For example, if you say every 1000 milliseconds add 1 to a private variable how much would the private variable equal after one second? If it was every 1000 milliseconds it would equal 1. Instead you will find it equals 2. That is because it will run all of the actions at 0 milliseconds no matter how long you set it. This is useful in some situations but in other situations it is needed to not trigger at 0 milliseconds. If we could choose whether it should trigger right away or not that would be great. for example a simple countdown wont work because after one second you will have subtracted 2. Of course this can be worked around by just starting with 11 instead of 10 for example.

Here is a more problematic example from a game a I am making. It is a Pong like game with paddles that block a ball from escaping. However in my game the paddles revolve around a circle and the ball can not leave this circle. once the player hits the ball then it is the AI's turn. Now an easy way to win is to hit the ball on the side of the paddle making it imposable to hit before going outside of the circle. The way I prevent this from happening is by not making it the other players turn until say one second after they have hit the ball. But if I just use every x milliseconds it will still switch instantly. The only workaround I can think of is to use two private variables. I use every 1000 milliseconds add 1 on one private variable. Then when that private variable equals 2 I make the other private variable 1 - .value('turn') thus changing the turn one second after the collision. My point is it would be much easier to choose weather it will trigger instantly or not.

disable the invisible docking buttons on each movable window or make them visible.

I dont know if these are supposed to be there or not, maybe it is just like this on my system. anyways there are these tiny little invisible buttons on the top right corner of the movable windows. they can hide the windows and reappear when hovered over. But there is a second one that will close the window. This one is really annoying because I seam to accidentally close these windows all the time. Why are they even invisible in the first place if they still work?

turn off computer action

this would be a great April fools action. All it will do is turn off the computer when you activate it. haha. We could put this into all of our games and release emergency patches that would turn off their computer after they launch the game. They would probably never play any of our games again but hey it would be funny wouldn't it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Menu support should be coming soon; it's half done, and not a big priority, but there will be a menu object before 1.0.

Shapes have been discussed recently, Direct-X doesn't actually support many primitives, such as circles, so unfortunately they can't be done well. It was discussed in more detail here:

• great! creating simple menus is very tedious especially when I want to focus on the game.

• Simple menu object.

turn off computer action

this would be a great April fools action. All it will do is turn off the computer when you activate it. haha. We could put this into all of our games and release emergency patches that would turn off their computer after they launch the game. They would probably never play any of our games again but hey it would be funny wouldn't it?

Worst. Request. Ever.

Hey, I know another funny one: While the game is playing, why don't we trigger a format C:/ action if the system date is April 1st? That'd be SOOOO funny!

"Dave, I finally finished that fucking game, but now all the work we've done in the last 3 months has been deleted! I know, it sucks, but it was worth it!"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)