3D Box/Object?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • What about extra features for these objects.

• Change textures through event editor
    • Option editing opacity via the event editor.
    • Change model using event editor. (Might cause FPS issues?)
    • Support animation for 3D Object plugin.

Just a few idea I had.

• You can already achieve the same effect, without fps issues, of switching models by using two different 3d objects.

• What about extra features for these objects.

• Change textures through event editor
    • Option editing opacity via the event editor.
    • Change model using event editor. (Might cause FPS issues?)
    • Support animation for 3D Object plugin.

Just a few idea I had.

i had the same idea's

i would love to see that you can load 3D objects and textures on runtime with the 3D object

then i can finish my model viewer

i do understand construct will not be made for real 3D games i just like to experiment with them in 2D scene's

i do not know about fps issues i can load a model with more than 2000 polys with no problems

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Once you start adding 3D features to Construct you are also going to add a heap of other issues. Like Render Order, Alpha sorting, Culling, Drawcalls, shaders etc. Personally, I don't want the developers to spend time on developing more advanced 3d features when frankly there are better 3D game creators out there (Like Unity / UDK).

• Both of which requires scripting.

• Not entirely true, there are very few things you can do in Construct (game logic wise) that you can't do in Kismet.

• I was referring to UScript and Unity's "Boo" script or C# or Java..

• i do understand what you mean i am also already using the udk for my 3D game needs

i did not mean they should put in al the stuff Julmust said only something like changing textures and models on runtime not only in the editor

i hope they will just continue to create a awsome 2D engine with a little 3D touch

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)