360 degree control over gravity

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Gravity Square is a game where I aim to reach the square at the polka dot door :)
  • Hi guys.

First post (finally managed to get an Email address the forum would accept).

I've been working on a couple of games with Construct, both using the ability of rotating layers, and I've come across a couple of feature requests that would come in useful.

The first game, a gravity-driven ball game, would benefit greatly from 360 degree direction control of the gravity, rather than the current Up, Down, Left and Right options.

In fact, this game probably won't be possible without it.

The second game, a top-down driving game, could really use more features with the current 3D Box.

I'm not sure if it's already possible (as I haven't really looked into this in any depth yet), but would it be possible to have different lengths, widths and heights selectable with the 3D Box?

Also, but not as important, would it be possible to set the height at which the 3D Box sits in the scene?

I know that it's been stated by the Devs that Construct is not aimed at producing 3D games, but I think that these few extras will add a lot of versatility to the 3D Box item.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to applaud the Devs on Construct.

Although I'm a C++ programmer, I'm always on the look out for ways to speed up development (like MMF2 and Ogre), and I think Construct is a great tool.

If you manage to get a stable 1.0 out the door, then you can expect a donation from me.

That's enough from my first post.

Cheers,

SpongeBrain

• The second game, a top-down driving game, could really use more features with the current 3D Box.

I'm not sure if it's already possible (as I haven't really looked into this in any depth yet), but would it be possible to have different lengths, widths and heights selectable with the 3D Box?

Also, but not as important, would it be possible to set the height at which the 3D Box sits in the scene

I'm not sure what you mean by this - you can resize the 3D box normally to change the width and height... have you looked at the Z and depth properties as well?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure what you mean by this - you can resize the 3D box normally to change the width and height... have you looked at the Z and depth properties as well?

Hehe, as I said, I hadn't looked at the 3D Box in any detail, just placed a couple of them and based on comments on here, it sounded like it didn't have any of these functions.

Having looked at them in more detail, they are very versatile already, and will be perfect for what I had in mind......except....the 3D Box doesn't seem to rotate correctly with a rotated layer.

If you place a few sprites on a layer, and a 3D Box on the same layer, and then rotate that layer, the 3D Box seems to be on a different co-ordinate system to the rest of the layer.

Is this a bug, or have I missed a setting somewhere?

SpongeBrain.

• I've had another good look at the 3D Box object, and as far as I can tell, there's definitely a problem with how the 3D Box moves on a rotating layer.

I'll log it as a bug.

SpongeBrain

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)