Cracked Crusaders - out now :D

0 favourites
  • Thanks Tarkin,

That cutscene fadeout is annoying, there's not much in Construct 3 that I can see that will prevent it, and having a tap to proceed button mucks up all the music timings. If I did it again, that's how I would do it. Having said that, I'm trying something now on Android to see if that will fix it.

The Apple notch thing is interesting. I didn't even know about that till you mentioned it as I'm not an Apple user. I have no idea what I need to do to get that working, guess I'll go do some reading.

Regarding the icons, yeah, I haven't gotten to that yet. Apple uses weird resolutions for its icons (who'd have guessed) so I need to make up a new batch.

Cheers

• So I was successful in applying for a government grant which will allow me, among other things, to hire a pr firm and brand consultant prior to release (in Oct). One of the things that came up was that the story didn't tie together really,. So in a bid to address this issue, I've decided to do a series of collectable comic pages through the game. Here's the first couple (which also double as the game's new intro)

Nothing's set in stone on this, so I'm happy to hear feedack :)

• so... looks like that ^ is getting scrapped now in favour of something with a bit stronger story... stupid me should have kept it as a draft before things were set... :/

Today I did make a collectible card system though :)

• So I was successful in applying for a government grant which will allow me, among other things, to hire a pr firm and brand consultant prior to release (in Oct). One of the things that came up was that the story didn't tie together really,. So in a bid to address this issue, I've decided to do a series of collectable comic pages through the game. Here's the first couple (which also double as the game's new intro)

Nothing's set in stone on this, so I'm happy to hear feedack :)

Congratulations on the grant and the progress of your game!! I didn't know grants like that existed. How do you go about finding them?

• Looking great! This is looking more polished than when I commented 6 months ago haha :)

• Congratulations on the grant and the progress of your game!! I didn't know grants like that existed. How do you go about finding them?

I checked my local government arts funding portal, specifically, their screen arts which in the last couple of years has been expanded to include videogames. I'm actually lucky that I live in a state that supports videogames, as some of the larger states in my country (Aus) don't support them at all.

thanks

• Made a map system using arrays at start of layout. Pretty happy with where this is going.

• New story for the game. Also decided to rename it to Cracked Crusaders after gathering survey data on a name change.

• Well, this is coming out soon.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

youtube.com/watch

• LukeW

Good luck with it, waiting for your next "it's out!" message to try it. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The game looks Grate!!

I see new levels designs that I didn't see before, nice Trailer good luck with it

• Thanks

• I like the enemy running away from the player and pulling out a white flag. Overall it is looking good!

• LukeW why minimum Android version 7? You can reach more download if you downgrade android version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)