Cracked Crusaders - out now :D

0 favourites
  • +1 for the duck.

• Is that a duck in your avatar? :D

• Duck is charming, as are the other animals ^^. I also think you should get a super duck, where he wears a cape and costume with Q on it. Yeah...

• I definitely like the duck character but im not sure u need to rename the game. I kinda liked the original name you had. Thats just me tho.

(And yeah my avatar is cyberduck :D)

• Cool game, surprisingly fast on a low end device (redmi 5).

Pros:

- Funny

- Cute art even though I'm not into pixel art.

Cons:

- The tutorial at the beginning explains trivial stuff so it's pretty useless, player can figure everything out by themselves.

- a story that has been told a million times

• - a story that has been told a million times

Yeah, this is an area I totally want to improve. Right now the cutscenes are pretty much just placeholder material until I get something more fleshed out. Probably a good thing though if I'm changing all the characters, means I don't have to redraw a bunch of cutscenes.

• Also, took people's advice and hired a musician. Currently some new tracks in world 3, hoping to get world 1 rewritten soon.

• 80 levels are now available. New sound tracks for worlds 1,2,3. New starting cutscene (really made me think I need to learn those timelines as I did it all with tween). Multiple character select screen with 3 playable characters.

Getting close to release :/

• Getting close to release :/

Looks like your making great progress LukeW you can do it!!

• I've finally finished making all 100 levels! Those last 20 were so painful, I didn't count on the fact that the dungeons get progressively larger for each world :/

I now just have the final boss to add, a secret boss, and then making some of the cutscenes a bit better. Oh, and lots of bug squashing... :D

• SDD is now available on iOS through the Testflight app. I'd really appreciate anyone playing and reporting back on performance and bugs. I don't have access to an iPhone so this would be a massive help.

Cheers

testflight.apple.com/join/eCnnLN4l

*edit* noticed a small bug where the text in the intro doesn't show up. Already fixed in the build, but if anyone's wondering why the pauses are so long, that's why. Unfortunately my access to Mac is at work so can't fix on iOS until Monday.

• Congrats for your game LukeW!

The art, animation and speed of the game seem to be really solid.

I'll try it on my iPhone and iPad (2017) soon, if you didn't have feedback for those so far...?

Can I ask you how it went with the iOS app creation? Was it easy enough from C3 side of things?

Thanks!

• aaaaand... serious question. What do people think if I replaced the player character with a duck and renamed the game to something like 'Quacked Crusaders'?

Kind of a pain to do at this point, but it would be pretty funny.

Gives the game more charm in my opinion

• Congrats for your game LukeW!

The art, animation and speed of the game seem to be really solid.

I'll try it on my iPhone and iPad (2017) soon, if you didn't have feedback for those so far...?

Can I ask you how it went with the iOS app creation? Was it easy enough from C3 side of things?

Thanks!

Haven't had feedback from iPad, so if you do play it on that I'd love to hear your experience, thanks.

Regarding iOS app creation, on the Construct side it's very easy, just click export and choose xcode. However, dealing with the App Store Connect is another story. I found working with Mac pretty frustrating, and had to borrow one from work to even be able to upload to the app store. Every time there's an update for the game to push out, I need to go through the same process and then it takes 24 hours for the game to be updated on the App store (as opposed to about 20 mins on Play Store).

NotionGames - thanks, I went for both in the end (plus a third character).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey

I played for a while in your game and I think it is very cool ;)

I was using iphone and found some problems:

when watching intro without touching the screen the phone locks, you can consider adding some "next" buttons to force the player to use the screen.

There is no app icon after downloading the game only the placeholder but i can see the icon in the testflight. There is also no support for the notch - i think its needed to publish a game on the appstore.

Besides that it works very good.

Let me know if you want me to test something specyfic ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)