Shadownaut - A cyberpunk stealth platformer

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
After 6 months of development, countless source recording & editing sessions we happily present you with Stealth Game.
  • Using a simple disable hack on a drone to clear the way.

• Looks, great! Love the lighting in the water and how the 'reflection' goes away when the lamps are destroyed. Is there some other way to delinate what is hackable or not? For example a symbol (animated?) or color instead of the 'Hack' text tag? Or is there some stylistic reason you would rather have a text tag? I do see the prompt '>', so perhaps you are trying to show this is a old school DOS shell or something (which does seem good and thematic.)

• This game looks amazing!

• Looks, great! Love the lighting in the water and how the 'reflection' goes away when the lamps are destroyed. Is there some other way to delinate what is hackable or not? For example a symbol (animated?) or color instead of the 'Hack' text tag? Or is there some stylistic reason you would rather have a text tag? I do see the prompt '>', so perhaps you are trying to show this is a old school DOS shell or something (which does seem good and thematic.)

It's just a placeholder, I might use a word or a symbol for the final version.

• Looks like a quality Steam game to me =] How far are you with the progress on it now?

p.s. I absolutely love how you did the water canal effect!

• Looks like a quality Steam game to me =] How far are you with the progress on it now?

p.s. I absolutely love how you did the water canal effect!

Thanks! Hard to say but less than 50% complete overall for sure.

• Hey, dude!

Just wanted to pass by and say it's so nice to see your progress.

All animations looks really smooth. I'm wondering how many effects are you using on objects, haha.

• Hey, dude!

Just wanted to pass by and say it's so nice to see your progress.

All animations looks really smooth. I'm wondering how many effects are you using on objects, haha.

Thanks Antoine!

Not many effects. There is a distortion shader on the water, everything else is layer modes (multiply colours, overlay shadows, etc).

• WIP title screen and I've finally chosen a name for this:

• That's fantastic! What were you calling it before?

• That's fantastic! What were you calling it before?

The working title was "Dragon Zero". I never really liked it and it was used elsewhere.

• Must admit i preferred Dragon Zero, Shadownaut just doesn't do it for me, makes me think of space. Perhaps ShadowZero?

• Must admit i preferred Dragon Zero, Shadownaut just doesn't do it for me, makes me think of space. Perhaps ShadowZero?

There were other things to consider too. Shadow Zero for example is the name of a creature from Seiken Densetsu, and names of many other things in an internet search. Shadownaut is more fitting to the story too (which does have a space element to it).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah Shadownaut is perfect, way better!

• The shuriken mechanic looks ace! And so does the Palette 😉 Keep it up!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)