Bikosaur for Instant Game released!

1 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Today I'm pleased to tell you that Bikosaur is now playable on Instant Game:

https://m.me/bikosaur

If you prefer, you may also play it on Facebook.

Back in August 18, 2017 I launched it on the web: bikosaur.com. You may also play it on iOS and Android.

After Scirra released the first version of the Instant Game official plugin this year, I decided to give it a go. It took me around 36 hours of work to make my game IG compatible. I also optimized it a lot with smaller file sizes and functions.

As of today, I reached 26k players in one week. Around 4k players a day.

It's now time for me to focus on my second game.

Talk to you soon.

• There's a bug that happens when you do a wheelie near an edge it either completely stops you until the rotation is finished or teleports you straight into the hole killing your run

Also it should say "collect as many as possible", not "as much as possible"

It looks sick im happy for you

• Thank you very much for your feedback!

I guess I really need to improve my english.

Btw, I don't know if you're a native english speaker but I found a very interesting and useful tool to write efficient English texts — It's called Hermingway App.

My Facebook App Center information's are currently in review, but I'm gonna update this tagline text everywhere.

About that wheelie colision bug... Yes, I noticed it too. This bug started since a previous update of Construct, but I'm not blaming C3, ofcourse. I just don't know yet how I may fix it... Except by creating specific animation assets for the wheelie, instead of just doing a rotation.

• did you use the createshortcut functionality? I thoguht I saw that in your game in the beginning, but cannot see it now..?

• fredriksthlm Well, I gave it a try with something very simple but it didn't work so I removed it from the production version.

I think the create shortcut prompt you saw is something automatic on Facebook side when a player opens a game for the first time. If he doesn't accept, popup disappears and is no longer shown.

Looking at Instant Games documentation, I saw that we're missing the canCreateShortcutAsync( ) function (source: developers.facebook.com/docs/...).

I hope Scirra is going to update the official IG plugin because we really need those new features so that we may fully benefit from the platform and Construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • an easy helper plugin can be made for this since the official plugin loads the SDK

• fredriksthlm Well, I gave it a try with something very simple but it didn't work so I removed it from the production version.

I think the create shortcut prompt you saw is something automatic on Facebook side when a player opens a game for the first time. If he doesn't accept, popup disappears and is no longer shown.

Looking at Instant Games documentation, I saw that we're missing the canCreateShortcutAsync( ) function (source: developers.facebook.com/docs/...).

I hope Scirra is going to update the official IG plugin because we really need those new features so that we may fully benefit from the platform and Construct.

the scirra plugin actually uses this, the the createshortcut within this function, if the function is true.

but actually I remembered you had a specific button for the shortcut... maybe I played your game is some testversion then :D

• an easy helper plugin can be made for this since the official plugin loads the SDK

yes, or you can use the javascript functions directly, via browser plugin

• > fredriksthlm but actually I remembered you had a specific button for the shortcut... maybe I played your game is some testversion then :D

Ah, yes! I removed the button since latest release, so that's why you probably saw it.

• > an easy helper plugin can be made for this since the official plugin loads the SDK

yes, or you can use the javascript functions directly, via browser plugin

Yes you can but browser execute uses developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/eval so id rather be on the safer side by just creating a easy helper plugin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)